In war zones all over the world, volunteers are doing what they can to help civilians caught in the crossfire. One of them is Chicago pediatrician Dr. John Kahler, co-founder of the organization MedGlobal.
Here & Now's Robin Young talks with Kahler (@Drjohnkahler) about his experiences in Yemen and Syria.
This segment aired on January 11, 2018.
- Yemen Edging Closer To Becoming Failed State, Reporter Says
- Bloody Battles Waged On The Streets Of Yemen's Capital, As Alliances Appear To Shift
- The Last Hospital In Eastern Aleppo Is No More
- They Dreamed Of Being Doctors. Now They Help Syrians With The Same Dream
- Syria Hospital Airstrike: Are The Rules Of War Breaking Down?