A number of Facebook users discovered over the weekend that the company has been collecting text message and phone call data from their Android devices. It's the latest privacy controversy to envelop the company, after it was discovered that U.K.-based firm Cambridge Analytica used data from 50 million Facebook accounts to help influence the 2016 election.
This segment aired on March 26, 2018.
- Zuckerberg Breaks Silence, Promises To Protect Facebook Community
- U.K. Investigators Raid Cambridge Analytica Offices In London
- Cambridge Analytica And Facebook: Explaining The User Data Controversy
- This Man Is Suing Cambridge Analytica To Find Out What It Knows About Him
- Is It Even Possible To Protect Your Privacy On Facebook?