With innovative programs from some of NPR’s most popular hosts, contributors and segments, plus new times for other beloved programs, WBUR announced today a new weekend schedule for 2018. It starts this weekend.
• Hidden Brain – New show at 10 p.m. Listeners will rethink their world each week as Host Shankar Vedantam, social-science contributor to both Morning Edition and All Things Considered, uses science and storytelling to help curious people understand what it means to be human and why we do what we do.
• The Moth Radio Hour – New time at 12 p.m. Moth stories are true, as remembered by the storyteller and told live. The radio program showcases beloved tales from storytellers across the nation, as well as the stories behind the stories.
• Planet Money and How I Built This – New show at 3 p.m. Making its Boston debut, this power hour combines innovative storytelling and podcast origins to explore the whys and hows behind the economy, and the backstory behind the brands we know and love. First up, Planet Money explains the economy with playful storytelling and Peabody award-winning deep dive reporting, with journalists Robert Smith, Jacob Goldstein, Stacey Vanek Smith, Noel King, Ailsa Chang and Kenny Malone. Then, Guy Raz (TED Radio Hour) hosts How I Built This, where innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists take listeners through the journey they took to build their now-iconic companies. Featured guests include the founders of Lyft, Patagonia, Zappos, Instagram, and more.
• Reveal – New time at 4 p.m. From The Center for Investigative Reporting, award-winning journalists hold the powerful accountable and reveal government fraud and waste of taxpayer funds, human rights violations, environmental degradation and threats to public safety.
• The New Yorker Radio Hour – New time at 7 p.m. The New Yorker’s editor, David Remnick, presents a weekly mix of in-depth interviews, profiles, and short bursts of humor. The radio program (also heard Wednesday evenings at 9 p.m. on WBUR) captures both the depth and journalistic ethos of the iconic New Yorker magazine.
See the full weekend lineup featuring shows like Only A Game, This American Life and Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me.