Major League Baseball Hall of Fame pitcher, Red Sox legend and MLB Network and TBS analyst Pedro Martinez and Pedro Martinez Foundation Executive Director Carolina Martinez will welcome some of the biggest names in baseball and Boston sports to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel on November 2nd for the Third Annual Pedro Martinez Foundation Gala. The event will raise funds to support the children and families served by the Pedro Martinez Foundation in the Dominican Republic and the United States.
Fans and attendees can expect to meet not only Pedro, but Mayor Marty Walsh and Red Sox Manager Alex Cora along with some of the 2018 World Series Champions. With more names getting locked in every day, below are just some of the professional athletes and star already confirmed to attend:
• Red Sox World Series Champion Manager Alex Cora
• Red Sox World Series Champion Eduardo Rodriguez
• Red Sox World Series Champion Sandy Leon
• Red Sox World Series Champion Eduardo Nunez
• Red Sox World Series Champion Christian Vazquez
• Red Sox Captain Jason Varitek (2x World Series Champion)
• New York Yankees’ Luis Severino (2x All Star)
• New York Yankees’ Dellin Betances (4x All Star)
• Cleveland Indians’ Corey Kluber (3x All Star; 2x AL Cy Young Winner)
• Cleveland Indians’ Danny Salazar (1x All Star)
• St. Louis Cardinals’ Carlos Martinez (2x All Star)
• St. Louis Cardinals’ Marcell Ozuna (2x All Star)
• NBA Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins (Boston Celtics ’94 – ’95; 9x All Star)
• 2017 World Series Champion Carlos Beltran (9x All Star, ’99 AL Rookie of the Year)
• Miss Massachusetts Gabriela Taveras
Pedro and Carolina Martinez will celebrate with a night of baseball past and present, food and drink, and a silent auction in support of the Pedro Martinez Foundation at the Third Annual Pedro Martinez Foundation Gala. The Gala will raise funds to expand the number of children and families supported by the Foundation, with 100% of the profits from donations will go straight to the kids we help in Latin America and the United States.
Tickets for the Third Annual Pedro Martinez Foundation Gala can be purchased here.
At last year’s Gala, the Foundation announced the intention to build a Charter School in
the Dominican Republic to expand ongoing efforts for children who need help the most. We’re excited to announce that we’ve broken ground and construction has begun! The Foundation needs support now more than ever so it can complete this important project and run all initiatives year-round. The Dominican government has signed on as a partner and will match all funding for the Charter School, so every dollar we raise makes that much more of an impact.
The Pedro Martinez Foundation is devoted to transforming the lives of children through holistic education and social services, currently supporting thousands of children in the United States and the Dominican Republic. The Foundation has positively impacted over 10,000 children and families, including awarding over 4,800 grants and scholarships for teenagers, young adults, and parents to go to college or go to school for a technical trade. At the Pedro Martinez Foundation Community Center in Santo Domingo, the Foundation provides nutrition counseling, medical and dental care, career training, parenting workshops, day care programs, social services, a computer lab, sports classes and job placement for more than 1,000 children.