Members of the public are welcome to attend the open meetings of the WBUR Executive Advisory Council. Meetings are held at the station, located at 890 Commonwealth Ave, Third Floor, in the event room. The 2018-2019 meeting schedule is as follows:
Monday, October 22, 2018, at 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, January 16, 2019, at 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, May 8, 2019, at 8:30 a.m.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call (617) 353-1197.
The WBUR Executive Advisory Council (EAC) is composed of Boston-area community and business leaders dedicated to supporting and advancing the mission of WBUR and its affiliated stations, while representing the different voices and faces of our community.
The EAC, as required by federal law, reviews the programming goals established by WBUR, the service provided by WBUR, the significant policy decisions rendered by WBUR, and assesses whether the programming and other policies of the station are meeting the specialized and cultural needs of the communities served by WBUR.
The EAC is an advisory board only, and is not authorized to exercise any control over WBUR and its daily management or operations. The EAC conveys its findings and recommendations to Boston University’s Board of Trustees.
Candidates for the EAC are recommended by Charlie Kravetz, the general manager of WBUR, and Peter Fiedler, EAC chair and vice president for administrative services at Boston University. All candidates are approved by Boston University President Robert A. Brown before serving. Two EAC members, Carol Fulp and Carla Meyer, also serve on the Boston University Board of Trustees.
The Executive Advisory Council meets two to three times a year.
2018-2019 Members of the WBUR Executive Advisory Council:
- Peter Fiedler, Chair, Vice President for Administrative Services, Boston University
- Dr. Beverly A. Brown, Director of Development, Industry, Boston University School of Public Health
- Elizabeth Callanan, Director of Development, International Museum of World War II
- Ania Camargo, Director, Case Associates
- Tiziana Dearing, Professor of Macro Practice, School of Social Work at Boston College
- Carol Fulp, President and CEO, The Partnership, Inc.
- David Gasson, Vice President and Director, Boston Capital Corporation
- Nigel Jacob, Co-Chair, Mayor's Office of New Urban Mechanics
- Allison Kroner, Project Director, Boston Builds Credit, United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
- Kathryn Lasky, Author
- Travis McCready, President and CEO, Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
- Mary Jo Meisner, Fellow, Harvard Advanced Leadership Initiative
- Joseph Mercurio, Vice President, Administration and Finance, Quincy College
- Carla E. Meyer, Social Worker, Former Lecturer, School of Social Work, Boston University
- Dr. Myechia Minter-Jordan, President and CEO, The Dimock Center
- William J. Poorvu, Professor Emeritus in Entrepreneurship, Harvard Business School
- Risa Sherman, Manager, Philanthropy and Cause Marketing, The Boston Beer Company
- Bill Walczak, President, Codman Academy, President and CEO, South End Community Health Center
Support the news