Texas-based pipeline company Kinder Morgan has announced it is suspending work on its controversial Northeast Direct Energy Project. The proposed natural gas pipeline would have been built through southern New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts.
WBUR's Bruce Gellerman reports that Kinder Morgan's announcement was met with glee by opponents, saddened supporters and surprised just about everyone.
This segment aired on April 21, 2016.
- As Linchpin Of Project, Mass. Town Of Acushnet Weighs Pipeline Facility
- Report: With Hydropower, Mass. On Track To Meet Pollution Goals
- Mass. AG Study: New England Doesn’t Need More Natural Gas Pipelines
- Old System, New Solution?: Liquefied Natural Gas Could Be Pipeline Alternative
- As Winter Electricity Prices Jump, Mass. Debate Over Natural Gas Pipelines Heats Up