The Green Line Extension project that's spent years in the planning stage goes before state transportation and MBTA control board officials Monday.
These meetings could include a vote on the project — which was put on hold last summer when transportation officials estimated costs ballooned by a $1 billion — about 50 percent of the original budget.
One of the project's biggest supporters is Somerville Mayor Joe Curtatone, whose city would get several new T stops. He joined Morning Edition to discuss his hopes for the project.
This segment aired on May 9, 2016.
- Somerville, Cambridge Plan To Deliver $75 Million With Hopes Of Advancing Green Line Project
- Officials Suggest Major Changes In Store For Green Line Extension Project
- MBTA Update: Decision On Green Line Extension Likely This Spring, A Bit Of Good Budget News
- Residents Express Frustration Over MBTA Green Line Extension Project Delays
- Officials ‘Reluctant’ To Drive More Money Into Green Line Extension
- MBTA Ending Several Contracts Associated With Green Line Extension Project