The requirement to extend the MBTA's Green Line was part of a deal with the federal government years ago to encourage greater use of public transit as part of the Big Dig highway project.
The Conservation Law Foundation was involved in that push. Foundation Director of Environmental Justice Rafael Mares joined Morning Edition to discuss how he believes the fight over the Green Line Extension project may not be over.
This segment aired on May 10, 2016.
- Scaled-Down Plan For The Green Line Extension Will Move Forward
- State Transportation Officials Give Tentative OK To Green Line Extension Project
- Somerville, Cambridge Plan To Deliver $75 Million With Hopes Of Advancing Green Line Project
- Officials Suggest Major Changes In Store For Green Line Extension Project
- Axing Green Line Extension Still On The Table, Pollack Says