An agreement has been reached between the city of Boston and the owners of the Red Sox that will allow hard liquor drinks to be sold at some Fenway Park concession stands.
After touring Fenway Wednesday morning, Mayor Thomas Menino said he's pleased with the agreement. Initially, the city raised concerns about the plan to sell mixed drinks to Sox fans in the stands.
Menino says the plan limits the drink sales to five locations in the park. Liquor has previously only been available to premium seat-holders.
"They've worked out an agreement with the Red Sox, with our licensing board, the Boston police," Menino said. "We have a plan that works."
Menino said the plan is "very similar" to the one instituted at the Boston Garden.
The plan won't be ready for Opening Day on Friday. In fact, it may be a month before all the proper licensing is in effect.
This program aired on April 6, 2011. The audio for this program is not available.