Support the news

Firefighters Put Out Small Blaze In Fenway Office

This article is more than 7 years old.
Boston firefighters respond to a small fire in the Red Sox mail room at Fenway Park on Monday. (Boston FD)
Boston firefighters respond to a small fire in the Red Sox mail room at Fenway Park on Monday. (Boston FD)

Boston firefighters have put out a small blaze in the Red Sox mail room at Fenway Park.

There were no injuries. Authorities blamed the fire on an electrical short circuit near a wall-mounted light fixture.

After originally estimating the damage at $30,000, the Boston Fire Department soon revised the estimate up, to $100,000 in damage.

The department said there were archival photos stored near the area of the fire. It said Fenway staff is assessing whether water from the sprinkler system may have damaged those photos.

This program aired on February 27, 2012. The audio for this program is not available.

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news