Sen. Scott Brown has agreed to a third debate with Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren. Brown campaign manager Jim Barnett said on Wednesday that the Republican had accepted an invitation from a consortium of Boston media outlets.
The announcement came one day after Brown's campaign declined an invitation to participate in a debate proposed by the widow of Sen. Edward Kennedy.
Brown had sought a promise from Victoria Kennedy that she would not make an endorsement in the race, but the debate's sponsors - the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the U.S. Senate and the University of Massachusetts-Boston - said such a request was "inappropriate."
Brown and Warren had previously agreed to two other debates, one sponsored by a Springfield media consortium and a second by Boston's WBZ-TV.
This program aired on June 20, 2012. The audio for this program is not available.