Support the news

8 People Hospitalized After Possible Carbon Monoxide Leak

This article is more than 6 years old.

Eight people were taken to hospitals as a precaution Saturday after a possible carbon monoxide leak at a Boston salon.

Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve McDonald says dozens of people were evacuated from the Exhale Spa on Arlington Street in Boston's Back Bay.

"It's a street-level and a basement salon," McDonald said. "And what we had is, in the basement where they have a lot of treatment rooms, they had high levels of carbon monoxide. So the store was evacuated."

Investigators focused their search for a source in a utility area on the spa's lower level where the building's furnace and hot water heaters are located.

On Wednesday, seven people were sent to the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak at an apartment building in Mattapan.

This program aired on December 8, 2012. The audio for this program is not available.

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news