It may not be a lion, but it’s cold. The first morning of March is certainly starting well below normal and although highs will reach the freezing March, meteorological spring isn’t feeling so spring-like.
Plenty of sunshine will be around all day today in contrast to a cloudy and raw day Sunday.
As a front crosses the area tomorrow, look for a few snow showers or a period of light snow. This snow is not related to the upcoming storm later Sunday night and Monday.
Steadier and heavier snow arrives Sunday evening and continues into the first part of Monday. The morning commute Monday will be impacted. If you are traveling to points south such as New York, Philly or DC, there will be even more snow and more of an impact to travel in those areas.
Cold and dry weather returns for the rest of next week with a new storm threatening the area next Saturday.
- Saturday: Partly sunny highs 29-34.
- Sunday night: More clouds than sunshine, a few afternoon snow showers or some light snow a coating to an inch possible. Highs in the lower and middle 30s.
- Sunday Night: Steadier snow likely, heaviest south of the MA Pike. Lows in the upper teens to mid-20s.
- Monday: Snow likely especially during the morning ending north to south throughout the day. Highs in the 20s.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny and continued unseasonably cold. Highs 22-27.
Follow updates from David Epstein on Twitter @growingwisdom.