Support the news
A cool, but nice day is underway across New England as high pressure continues to keep any rain to the south of the region. There is some rain not too far away so there will be some clouds around, but it’s going to be a dry day. As winds come off the cooler Atlantic, highs will be only in the lower 70s along the coast, but reach the mid 70s inland.
Overnight clouds will dominate, blocking out the moon, which was full a few nights ago. Temperature will fall to the comfortable range in the upper 50s to lower 60s.
Thursday brings some sunshine mixed with clouds. The day will be dry, yet there will be a line of showers developing in the afternoon and evening. Overnight showers could be heavy in a few places, but like so much of the rain the past 6 weeks, not everyone will see it. You will notice more humidity in the air on Thursday and with highs near 80 it’s another one of those summer feeling afternoons.
The frontal system causing the showers will pass off the coast Thursday night, but not too far off the coast. Friday will be sunny and cooler, but there will be an area of clouds and showers developing along the front. The question for the weekend is whether or not the showers move up the coastline close enough to bring some rain to the area. Right now, it appears most of the showers will stay far enough off the coast, but this will need to be watched the next couple of days.
Sunday will bring a return to cool and dry conditions with a fall feel to the air as temperatures stay in the upper 60s to lower 70s during the afternoon.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, highs in the lower 70s at the coast and mid-70s inland.
- Wednesday night: Mostly cloudy lows in the upper 50s to lower 60s.
- Thursday: Warmer and more humid. Highs near 80 under a partly cloudy sky. There is a chance of a shower around sunset.
- Thursday night: Showers and thunderstorms likely the first part of the night, then clearing and cooler by morning lows near 60.
- Friday: Sunny and cool, highs in the lower 70s.
- Saturday: A blend of clouds and sunshine. A risk of a few showers south of Boston. Highs in the upper 60s to lower 70s.
- Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high around 70.
Follow updates from David Epstein on Twitter @growingwisdom.
Support the news