Thomas Menino, the longest-serving mayor in Boston's history, is being remembered as a political giant. He passed away Thursday morning at 71 after a battle with cancer.
The two front-runners in the race for Massachusetts governor, Democrat Martha Coakley and Republican Charlie Baker, both say there are political lessons in his legacy. Listen above to a full report from WBUR's Asma Khalid.
More Coverage Of Menino's Passing:
- Obituary: A Boston Political Giant Dies
- Remembering The ‘Urban Mechanic’
- Mayor Menino Remembered At City Hall
- Menino Put Stamp On Boston Skyline
- Officials React To Menino’s Passing
- Cog: Menino Transformed Boston
- Cog: Menino's Improbable Rise
- Storify: Your Reactions To His Death
- Bostonians Share Personal Encounters
- Timeline: Life And Career Of Menino
- Photos: Menino Through The Years
- A Look At Menino's Education Record
- Mayor Menino's Boston Sports Legacy
This segment aired on October 30, 2014.