President Trump's decision to fire FBI Director James Comey — allegedly over the handling of the investigation into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's private email server — continues to spark outrage from Democrats, and even a few Republicans.
The controversy has sparked new calls for an independent counsel to look into whether or not Trump campaign officials colluded with Russia to influence last November's election. WBUR's Anthony Brooks spoke with several members of the Massachusetts Congressional delegation and reports for Morning Edition.
This segment aired on May 11, 2017.
- Trump Defends Comey Firing As Russia Questions Continue To Swirl
- After Comey Firing, Calls For Independent Probe Come In Lots Of Flavors
- Despite Recusal Pledge, Sessions Interviewing Candidates For Interim FBI Director
- Suspicious Timing And Convenient Reasoning For Trump's Firing Of Comey
- Mass. Members Of Congress Blast Trump's Firing Of Comey