Boston professional sports teams are taking steps to combat racism in Boston and at games. On Sept. 28, the Red Sox plan to play public service announcements at Fenway Park that feature athletes calling on fans to stand against racism and hate speech. The Bruins, Patriots, Celtics and Revolution will also show the videos. Red Sox President and CEO Sam Kennedy joined Morning Edition.
This segment aired on September 19, 2017.
- Red Sox Game Attendees Denounce Racism With Banner
- Owner Henry: Red Sox Welcome Renaming Yawkey Way
- Red Sox Apologize To Orioles' Adam Jones After Alleged Racial Epithets
- How Do The Red Sox Move Forward After Reminders Of A Painful Racial Past?
- John Henry Is Right. Yawkey Way Should Be Renamed
- Boston’s Subtle Racism Needs To Be Addressed