Support the news

Explosion And Fire In Mattapan Leaves About 150 People Temporarily Homeless

The Boston Fire Department says approximately 150 people have been displaced because of an explosion and fire inside a Mattapan apartment building Saturday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to 110 Livermore Street at about 12:30 p.m. where they encountered a gas-fed fire in the building's laundry room.

Officials say a gas leak in the laundry room built up then exploded.

No one was hurt, but the fire and explosion caused approximately $200,000 damage to the 4-story building.

The Red Cross is assisting affected residents.

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news