Support the news

Cleaning Chemical At Burlington Restaurant Kills Employee

Buffalo Wild Wings on South Avenue in Burlington, Mass. (Screenshot via Google Maps)
Buffalo Wild Wings on South Avenue in Burlington, Mass. (Screenshot via Google Maps)

Massachusetts authorities say the chemical mixture that resulted in the death of a Buffalo Wild Wings employee was applied by another employee.

Burlington fire officials' preliminary investigation Friday shows that 32-year-old Ryan Baldera was overcome by the fumes after a second employee combined two cleaning agents to the restaurant's kitchen floor while attempting to clean it.

Baldera, the general manager, died after being rushed to a hospital Thursday night.

At least 13 people were hospitalized and have since been released.

Authorities say the Lawrence resident was married and had an infant son.

A Buffalo Wild Wings statement says the company is "shocked and saddened" and working with the franchisee and authorities.

The suburban Boston sports bar is closed while the investigation continues.

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news