Part 5 of the TED Radio Hour episode IRL Online.
About Adam Alter's TED Talk
Within the last decade, we've opted to replace time spent on hobbies, exercise, and conversation with screen time. Social psychologist Adam Alter describes ways we can reclaim our attention.
About Adam Alter
Adam Alter is an Associate Professor of Marketing at New York University's Stern School of Business. His academic research focuses on judgment, decision-making, and social psychology. He has been featured widely in academic journals, TV, radio, and print outlets around the world.
Alter has also written for the New York Times, New Yorker, Washington Post, Atlantic, WIRED, Slate, Huffington Post, and Popular Science, among other publications. He is the author of two books: Irresistible and Drunk Tank Pink.
He received his BS in Psychology from the University of New South Wales, and his MA and PhD in Psychology from Princeton University.
- Related TED Bio: Adam Alter
- Related TED Talk: An Internet Without Screens Might Look Like This
- Related TED Playlist: The Pros And Cons Of Screens
- The Scientific Debate Over Teens, Screens And Mental Health
- 'Digital Minimalism': How To Hang Up On Your Phone Addiction
- On Kids And Screens, A Middle Way Between Fear And Hype