- Arts and Sports (from American Journey suite) by John Williams from American Journey, the Official Music of the 2002 Olympic Winter Games
Gary's take: Here they are again, my peeps at tha MTC (that’s Mormon Tabernacle Choir for folks who aren’t hip-hop…like me). AMERICA’S CHOIR!!!
- Hansel and Pretzel by Henri Rene and His Orchestra
Gary's take: When in doubt, go kitschy. I doubted, so we kitsched.
- Anthem (Ale, Ale, Ale) by the Crowd from Soccer Rocks the Globe, World Cup USA ’94
Gary's take: If Soccer is really “The Global Game”, why does it sound like every soccer anthem was recorded in some guy’s basement in Youngstown, Ohio?
- Under the Boardwalk by The Drifters from Atlantic/Rhino Definitive Soul Collection
- The Good Old Dallas Cowboys by Waylon Jennings and Troy Aikman from NFL Country, 1996
Gary's take: Charlie opined that, should members of the Dallas Cowboys make music, it would certainly be heavy metal. Here’s my musical rebuttal.
- Cold and Wet by Ween from God Ween Satan
Gary's take: Sorry. Ween just seemed to work following a story about a bunch of folks in Nebraska who paddle around pools in kayaks.
This program aired on June 26, 2009. The audio for this program is not available.