Morgan Freeman, Christopher Walken, Meg Ryan and Cameron Diaz are just a few of the stars spotted in Boston recently. Thanks to new tax credits, filmmakers are eying Massachusetts as a new movie backdrop. Is this going to last, or is it just 15 minutes of fame?
We take a stroll down movie memory lane, hear from independent filmmakers looking for a big break and go behind the scenes of a major motion picture being filmed in Boston.
- Rob Paris, producer of The Lonely Maiden
- Chris O'Donnell, business manager for the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (Local 481)
- Angela Peri, co-owner of Boston Casting
- Charles Merzbacher, chairman of the Boston Unversity Department of Film and Television
- Greg Croteau, Richard Stack, and Rachel Luskin, director and co-producers of The Aristocrat
Web Extra: Take our technical director, Tim Skoog, and toss in an old Handycam, the set of a Massachusetts indie film and a little iMovie. Presto! Our very own Tim Skoog-erbergh. He went to New Bedford to visit the set of "The Aristocrat" and brought back his own short film.
This program aired on November 23, 2007. The audio for this program is not available.