Going into his final two years in office, Gov. Deval Patrick's cabinet is going to have a new look.
The following four top cabinet secretaries have left their posts and will be replaced by new faces:
- Administration and Finance Secretary: Jay Gonzalez will be replaced by Glen Shor, head of the Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority, who oversaw the introduction of Gov. Romney's universal health care.
- Health and Human Services Secretary: JudyAnn Bigby will be replaced by John Polanowicz, president of St Elizabeth's Hospital in Boston.
- Public Safety Secretary: Mary Elizabeth Heffernan will be replaced by Andrea Cabral, Suffolk County Sheriff, the state's first female sheriff, touted as a possible contender for Mayor of Boston.
- Education Secretary: Paul Reville will be replaced by Matthew Malone, a protege of Reville's and former Brockton School Committee Superintendant.
The cabinet shake-up comes the Patrick administration grapples with budget cuts, the fallout from both the dug lab and meningitis outbreak scandals and a looming fiscal cliff.
- Craig Sandler, general manager of the State House News Service
This segment aired on December 13, 2012.