As early as next week, President Obama could name Sen. John Kerry to succeed Hillary Clinton as the next Secretary of State. If he does, Kerry is expected to win easy confirmation from his Senate colleagues.
What kind of of Secretary of State would Sen. John Kerry make? What other political calculations are at play for the White House? And, in Massachusetts, who will be Kerry's successor?
To answer those questions and more, we're joined by our regular political analysis panel.
- Sen. Kerry Could Be Nominated In The Coming Days
- Cognoscenti: Dear John, Don’t Go: An Open Letter To Sen. Kerry
- New York Times: Obama Expected To Name Kerry As Secretary Of State
- CNN: Jockeying Begins For Mass. Senate Seat, Even Before It's Vacant
- Politico: Scott Brown No Shoo-In As John Kerry Successor
This segment aired on December 18, 2012.