We discuss the big scandal with a growing list of nicknames, including "deflate-gate," "Ball-ghazi," all brought to you by the New England "deflatriots." We also look at developments in the Tsarnaev trial, more details on Boston's Olympic bid, and the budget gap facing Governor Baker and lawmakers on Beacon Hill.
- "For a third time, lawyers for accused Boston Marathon bomber Dhozkhar Tsarnaev are trying to get his terrorism trial moved out of Boston. They suggest in a new motion there’s now evidence the judge in the case was wrong to believe a fair trial here is possible."
- "'I can tell you that in my entire coaching career, I have never talked to any player, staff member, about football air pressure. That is not a subject that I have ever brought up,' he said during a press conference at Gillette Stadium Thursday."
- "Almost two weeks after Boston was selected as the U.S. bid to host the 2024 Summer Olympics, we now have a glimpse of what the Games might actually look like here."
- "Imagine Dorchester Avenue transformed into an Olympic Boulevard, stretching all the way to South Station. That, it turns out, was just one feature of the presentation given to the U.S. Olympic Committee."
- "In Massachusetts, which weathered the recession much better than most states, there’s suddenly grim economic news in the form of a yawning state budget shortfall. Tuesday, Gov. Charlie Baker pegged it at $765 million — raising the likelihood of painful program cuts to come."
- "The goals of the investigation will be to determine the explanation for why footballs used in the game were not in compliance with the playing rules and specifically whether any noncompliance was the result of deliberate action. We have not made any judgments on these points and will not do so until we have concluded our investigation and considered all of the relevant evidence."
- "The NFL would rather you care about the minor thing they can pretend to fix, rather than the major things they can't."
This article was originally published on January 23, 2015.
This segment aired on January 23, 2015.