Support the news
On Thursday, June 9, 2016, Radio Boston's website and the rest of WBUR is getting an upgrade! Our redesigned online home will not only have our latest stories but curate from our very best. From our series on evictions or General Electric, to our interviews with the thought-leaders of Greater Boston, our new home will make it easier than ever to listen to the stories you want to hear. Want a preview? Check out the site in beta form at beta.wbur.org.
- A celebration of audio. Clicking on the play button next to any story will start the audio player. It won't close as you browse from page to page so you can keep listening even as you read other stories. This new platform looks and feels more like an audio app because it’s built like an app.
- We wanted something made for your phone. We wanted our experience on mobile to be modern, exceedingly fast and frankly, just work. That’s why we created a responsive design and built it for speed. You should never have a problem loading wbur.org. Try us on your phone first!
- A new look for some of your favorite sites. Some of our digital properties have dramatic new looks; some have more subtle enhancements. All the podcasts, programs, blogs and articles are still here, including our full archives. However, some things have been organized differently, in what we hope is more simplified way to listen, read and interact with WBUR.
- Rolling improvements. With this new site, we’ll be continuously working on it and offering new features and fixes every two weeks. We’re planning a series of events this summer to gather more feedback from the public, if you have anything you want to share with us about this site, please fill out this feedback form here.
What hasn’t changed:
- In addition to Radio Boston, all your favorite programs, blogs and content can still be found on the new site. We’ve got everything organized in our “Programs + Sections” page on the left navigation; new logos are bigger and displayed as album art to help you browse.
- Live streaming is still core to WBUR. The WBUR live stream will start immediately from the wbur.org homepage when you click ‘Listen Live’ in the top left corner. The player at the bottom is a guide to all audio on our site, and anytime you hit a play button, it will be reflected there.
- You can still comment on our stories to leave us feedback and start a discussion with other listeners. (We read them regularly.)
And we want to hear from you! Our site has been in beta form for four months; We’ve received an enormous amount of feedback that has helped us create the site you see now. But we’re just at the beginning, and your notes and ideas matter. We promise to read everything you send. We have more work to do, but we hope you’ll enjoy the updates and additions we’ve made to wbur.org.
Support the news