In between putting ice cubes on the back of your neck and standing in front of an open freezer, we're going to try to take your mind of the heat ... with books!
Two weeks ago we recommended great summer fiction reads, and now we're going to turn to nonfiction books and the world of memoir, essays, history and science.
Shuchi and Eson's Nonfiction Summer Reading List
- "H Is for Hawk" by Helen Macdonald
- "The Fly Trap" by Fredrik Sjoberg
- "The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration in the Wonder of Consciousness" by Sy Montgomery & "The Great White Shark Scientist" by Sy Montgomery
- "A Field Guide to Getting Lost" by Rebecca Solnit
- "Lonely City: Adventures in the Art of Being Alone" by Olivia Laing
- "Hidden Cities: Travels to the Secret Corners of the World’s Great Metropolises; A Memoir of Urban Exploration" by Moses Gates
- "The Fire This Time: A New Generation Speaks About Race" edited by Jesmyn Ward
- "Pretentiousness: Why It Matters" by Dan Fox
This segment aired on August 12, 2016.