Reflecting On 2018: The Year In BooksPlay
If you've looked on any best-seller lists this year, you've probably seen books like Becoming by Michelle Obama and Fear by Bob Woodward topping the charts. But, as there were so many more that didn't reach the bestseller list, we're talking about our favorite books of 2018.
Rachel Cass, head buyer for Harvard Bookstore. She tweets @rachel_mbc.
Kate Tuttle, Boston Globe book columnist and president of the National Book Critics Circle. She tweets @katekilla.
Rachel's Favorite Books Of 2018
- The Female Persuasion, Meg Wolitzer
- Transcription, Kate Atkinson
- Early Work, Andrew Martin
- The Future is Female, Library of America anthology
Kate's Favorite Books Of 2018, By Category
Biographies Of Artists:
Essay Collections By Women:
- The Reckonings, Lacy M. Johnson
- What If This Were Enough?, Heather Havrilesky
- Down Girl: The Logic of Misogyny, Kate Manne
This segment aired on December 28, 2018.