WBUR

Retrial Date Set For Mattapan Murders Defendant

BOSTON — A Suffolk Superior Court judge has set Oct. 11 as the new trial date for the man accused of a quadruple murder in Mattapan in 2010.

Two men were accused in the murders of four people, including a toddler. But last week a jury found one, Edward Washington, not guilty and was deadlocked on the charges against Dwayne Moore. The murder case against Moore will go back to a jury in October.

Moore’s lawyer, John Amabile, says he’s not surprised a new trial was set so soon.

“I’m sure the DA’s office is anxious to get the case back into court and to attempt to attain a conviction,” Amabile said.

The same prosecution team will be retrying the case.

Following last week’s verdicts, Suffolk County District Attorney Dan Conley said, “[W]e expect in the trial, in the second trial that will be held in the next few months, that we will hold [Moore] accountable for these heinous crimes. We always believed the evidence suggested firmly and strongly that Dwayne Moore was the executioner here.”

Please follow our community rules when engaging in comment discussion on wbur.org.
Most Popular