BOSTON Monday marks the 117th running of the Boston Marathon. The 26.2 mile course starts in Hopkinton, Mass. and ends in downtown Boston, with more than 27,000 runners participating. Here are a few resources to help you prepare for race day.
Boston Athletic Association
The BAA manages the Boston Marathon.
- Course map
- Spectator information (includes schedule and optimal viewing times)
- How to watch live
- Buses to the start line
- Boston Marathon mobile app
City of Boston
- Road closures and parking restrictions
- A message to students from the Boston Police (includes a zero tolerance policy)
Several T stations will be closed on Marathon Monday, including Copley. Dozens of bus routes will either run on modified routes or not operate at all.
More Marathon Coverage
- Only A Game: Olive Wreaths Arrive For Boston Marathon
- Only A Game: In ‘Marathon Man’ Rodgers Remembers Life-Changing Race
- Marathon Winner Bill Rodgers: ‘We Have Something That No Other Sport Has’
- Here & Now: Women To Watch At The Boston Marathon
- Here & Now: Newtown Parents To Run Boston Marathon
- 30 Years Later, Last American Male To Win Boston Marathon To Run Again
- Cognoscenti: The ‘Beauty’ Of The Marathon — In Boston And Beyond
- Cognoscenti: Running From Marathon To Athens