BOSTON — One Fund Boston, the charity set up to aid the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings, has now raised more than $28 million, and the process of deciding how that money will be distributed begins Monday night at the first of two town hall meetings.
The man in charge of allocating the money is Ken Feinberg, a Brockton native who also administered the fund for the 9/11 victims. He says, in this case, the first priority for compensation is the families of those killed.
“A similar amount should probably go those horribly maimed by the bombings, double amputees, paralysis, brain injuries,” Feinberg said.
Feinberg told the Boston Globe last week payments to those terribly injured and the families of the dead could top $1 million.
Monday’s town hall starts at 6:00 p.m. There will be another meeting Tuesday at 10 a.m.. Both will take place at the Boston Public Library.