Featured Casinos Coverage
- 1/5/15: Boston Sues Gaming Panel
- 12/4: Pilot To Limit Betting Approved
- 11/4: Casino Repeal Effort Fails
- 9/16: How Everett, Revere Reacted
- 9/16: Suffolk Downs: ‘Devastating’
- 9/16: Wynn Plan In Everett Is Picked
- 8/12: Expert On Market Saturation
- 7/14: Money For Neighboring Towns
- 6/13: MGM Springfield Gets License
- 2/27/14: Plainville Gets Slots License
BOSTON — The Massachusetts Gaming Commission hopes to resolve a dispute between the mayors of Boston and Everett over whether the Everett casino proposed by Las Vegas casino developer Steve Wynn falls partially within the Boston city limits.
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino says it does and supports a different casino proposal at the Suffolk Downs racetrack in East Boston.
The commission will meet with representatives from the city of Boston and the Everett casino developers on Wednesday.
WBUR’s Morning Edition spoke with Gaming Commission Chairman Stephen Crosby to talk about the dispute.