Featured Casinos Coverage
- Map: Casino And Slots Parlor Proposals
- 6/24: New Bedford Voters OK Casino
- 6/15: Plainville Slots Parlor Set To Open
- 5/14: By 1 Percentage Point, Brockton Residents Approve $650 Million Casino
- 3/24: Springfield Casino Breaks Ground
- 1/22: New Wynn Everett Design
- 1/5/15: Boston Sues Gaming Panel
- 12/4: Pilot To Limit Betting Approved
BOSTON The Massachusetts Gaming Commission hopes to resolve a dispute between the mayors of Boston and Everett over whether the Everett casino proposed by Las Vegas casino developer Steve Wynn falls partially within the Boston city limits.
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino says it does and supports a different casino proposal at the Suffolk Downs racetrack in East Boston.
The commission will meet with representatives from the city of Boston and the Everett casino developers on Wednesday.
WBUR’s Morning Edition spoke with Gaming Commission Chairman Stephen Crosby to talk about the dispute.