Select Coverage: Mass. Casinos
- Google Map: See All The Casino Proposals
- 12/10/13: New Vote Ordered For Proposed Revere Casino
- 12/2/13: Patrick Sues To Block Vineyard Casino
- 11/26/13: Recount Confirms Defeat Of Palmer Proposal
- 11/25/13: Votes Leave Casino Industry In Limbo
- 11/19/13: Milford Votes Down Foxwoods’ Plan
- 11/15/13: New Tribal Casino Compact Is Signed
- 7/16/13: Springfield Voters OK MGM Agreement
- 6/23/13: Voters In Everett Approve Wynn Deal
BOSTON — The Massachusetts Gaming Commission hopes to resolve a dispute between the mayors of Boston and Everett over whether the Everett casino proposed by Las Vegas casino developer Steve Wynn falls partially within the Boston city limits.
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino says it does and supports a different casino proposal at the Suffolk Downs racetrack in East Boston.
The commission will meet with representatives from the city of Boston and the Everett casino developers on Wednesday.
WBUR’s Morning Edition spoke with Gaming Commission Chairman Stephen Crosby to talk about the dispute.