Featured Casinos Coverage
- Map: Casino And Slots Parlor Proposals
- 1/27: Boston And Wynn Strike A Deal
- 10/20: MGM To Cut Size Of Springfield Casino Project By 14 Percent
- 9/18: Mashpee Tribe Earns Key Status
- 8/29: Wynn Earns Key State Approval
- 7/22: New Bedford Casino Bid Pulled
- 6/24: Plainville Slots Parlor Opens
- 5/14: By 1 Percentage Point, Brockton Residents Approve $650 Million Casino
BOSTON The Massachusetts Gaming Commission hopes to resolve a dispute between the mayors of Boston and Everett over whether the Everett casino proposed by Las Vegas casino developer Steve Wynn falls partially within the Boston city limits.
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino says it does and supports a different casino proposal at the Suffolk Downs racetrack in East Boston.
The commission will meet with representatives from the city of Boston and the Everett casino developers on Wednesday.
WBUR’s Morning Edition spoke with Gaming Commission Chairman Stephen Crosby to talk about the dispute.