More Coverage: Mass. Casinos
- Map: See All The Casino Proposals
- 7/14/14: 1 Way Mass. Casino Law Differs: Money For Neighboring Towns
- 7/11/14: Boston Reaches Impact Deal With Mohegan Sun
- 7/2/14: Mass. Casinos Have Majority Support, WBUR Poll Finds
- 6/24/14: Voters Can Decide Fate Of Casino Law, Mass. High Court Rules
- 6/13/14: Mass. Grants First Casino License To MGM Springfield
- 5/8/14: Boston No ‘Host Community’
- 5/8/14: Crosby Recuses Himself From Eastern Mass. Casino Vote
- 2/27/14: Plainville Gets Slots License
- 2/11/14: Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe In Final Phase Of Casino Land Bid
- 1/28/14: Foxwoods’ Fall River Plan
BOSTON — The Massachusetts Gaming Commission hopes to resolve a dispute between the mayors of Boston and Everett over whether the Everett casino proposed by Las Vegas casino developer Steve Wynn falls partially within the Boston city limits.
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino says it does and supports a different casino proposal at the Suffolk Downs racetrack in East Boston.
The commission will meet with representatives from the city of Boston and the Everett casino developers on Wednesday.
WBUR’s Morning Edition spoke with Gaming Commission Chairman Stephen Crosby to talk about the dispute.