A review of the newer treatments for obesity finds little to get excited about, prompting a health policy expert who herself struggles with obesity to decide that the risks are...
The heroine is the news here because she's got the rarest of qualities in a female protagonist: She's fat.
Our brains are hardwired to want food for survival, she explains, so restricting calories creates a psychological stress response, which facilitates weight gain, not loss.
A weight loss researcher shares tips for using social media to keep those New Year's get-healthier resolutions.
More specifically, 84 percent of those fat molecules get exhaled as colorless, odorless carbon dioxide. The other 16 percent departs the body as H-2-O -- plain old water.
Senators lambaste Dr. Oz -- the TV showman known as "America's doctor" -- for his part in spreading bogus weight-loss claims.
Active video games helped boost kids physical activity and weight loss as part of an overall fitness program, researchers report.