Officials: Suspect Identified In Boston Marathon Blasts05:13
Download

Play
A sign hangs from a barricade on Boylston Street near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, in Boston. (Julio Cortez/AP)
A sign hangs from a barricade on Boylston Street near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, Wednesday, April 17, 2013, in Boston. (Julio Cortez/AP)

Update 2:30 PM: CNN and WCVB-TV in Boston are now both pulling back on reports that an arrest had been made in the Boston Marathon bombings. Boston police deny that an arrest has been made. Numerous media outlets, including the Associated Press, still say an arrest is imminent.


CNN and Boston's ABC affiliate WCVB-TV are reporting that an arrest has been made in the Boston Marathon bombings, according to law enforcement sources.

CNN's Boston-born reporter John King reports the break in the case came from enhanced security video from the Lord & Taylor department store one block away from the second blast on Monday.

A second video, from local Boston TV station, also aided in identifying the suspect, King said.

A law enforcement official told King that the video showed a dark-skinned man planting a black bag and leaving the scene.

The Associated Press reports the suspect will be taken into custody by federal marshals and taken to a Boston courthouse, according to an official.

Guest:

  • Deborah Becker, reporter and host for WBUR Boston, who joins us from the law enforcement command center at the Westin Hotel in downtown Boston.

This segment aired on April 17, 2013.

Support the news

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news