Support the news
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Tracy Kidder's new book, out today, tackles the world of software engineers — and one in particular.
"A Truck Full of Money" chronicles the life of Paul English, the quirky and energetic techie who co-founded the travel website Kayak. Kidder's profile of English is a sort of sequel to his ground-breaking book, "The Soul of a New Machine," about a team of engineers that built a new computer's hardware.
But this book tells a personal story: English forged his career in technology despite a diagnosis of bipolar disorder. Here & Now's Meghna Chakrabarti talks with English and Kidder.
Here's the event schedule for "A Truck Full of Money":
- Boston (September 19, 7 p.m. at Harvard Bookstore at First Parish Church)
- Northampton, Mass. (September 22, 7 p.m. at Broadside Bookshop at Edwards Church)
- San Francisco (September 28, 7 p.m. at Book Passage at Dominican University, September 29, 6:30 p.m. at The Commonwealth Club and September 30, 7:30 p.m. at First Congregational Church of Berkeley)
- Seattle (October 3, 7:30 p.m. at Elliott Bay Book Company at Town Hall)
- St. Louis (October 5, 7 p.m. at St. Louis County Library)
- Philadelphia (October 7, 7:30 a.m. at Philadelphia Free Library)
- Washington, D.C. (October 7, 7 p.m. at Politics & Prose)
This segment aired on September 20, 2016.