Support the news
Airbnb, the global home-sharing company, has begun airing ads that show how becoming an Airbnb host has changed peoples' lives for the better.
The campaign is aimed at countering ads run by hospitality industry groups that claim Airbnb is getting rich while shrinking the local housing market, and avoiding paying taxes that the rest of the industry must pay.
Here & Now's Peter O’Dowd talks with media analyst John Carroll about how the campaigns are being received.
This segment aired on September 26, 2016.
- Airbnb Co-Founder On San Francisco, Discrimination And Growth
- Marriott Merges With Starwood, Creating The World's Largest Hotel Chain
- Where Will The Sharing Economy Go Next?
- Trust In The Age Of The Sharing Economy
- San Francisco Ballot Measure Takes Aim At Its Own Airbnb
- Social Media Buzz: From #AirbnbWhileBlack To Paralympics
- More From FiveThirtyEight