Support the news
This month marks an important benchmark for baby boomers — the oldest of the generation are now hitting 70 1/2 years old, and the government requires that anyone that age or older withdraw annually from tax-deferred retirement accounts.
Here & Now's Jeremy Hobson speaks with CBS News' Jill Schlesinger (@jillonmoney), host of "Jill on Money" and the podcast "Better Off," about what boomers should do with the money they withdraw, and about the larger implications for the economy.
This segment aired on January 16, 2017.
- For Family Caretakers, A Push For Social Security Expansion
- Torchlight Online Service Aims To Help Caregivers Navigate Maze Of Decisions
- Retirees Deciding To Hit The Road
- When It Comes To Retirement, How Does The U.S. Stack Up Against Other Countries?
- A Mother And Daughter With Very Different Retirement Plans
- Why Some Millennials Are Saying 'No Thanks' To Family Heirlooms