Overview: Interns serve as an editorial assistant to ARTery editor Ed Siegel.
As an ARTery intern you will:
- Work on the multimedia aspects of The ARTery, including applying audio and video skills to ARTery posts.
- Photographic and video skills are essential to the job as the intern will be taking photos and shooting videos under the supervision of WBUR staff.
- Gain experience learning how WBUR uses social media like Twitter and Facebook.
- Learn aspects of visual storytelling with photo editing, packaging and producing story elements with tools such as Premiere.
- Write articles about the arts in the Boston area.
- Gain experience in producing the ARTery homepage.
- The intern will gain hands-on web production experience – including copy editing, writing, headline and tease writing, exposure to SEO practices, HTML, and more. This internship also allows for those qualified to explore other aspects of online news production like social media production, photography and videography. Interns also have the opportunity to go out with our reporters and observe and assist in their reporting of a story.
- Send us your resume, two writing samples and a short cover letter describing your web production, copy editing and multimedia skills and experience. Please also provide links to your website and Twitter handle if you have them. Have you had previous newsroom or internship experience, or worked with Photoshop and WordPress? Let us know.
Time Commitment: Flexible, 16-40 hours a week.
Support the news