Support the news

Mihos In Court For Alleged Assault On Wife

Former Massachusetts gubernatorial candidate and convenience store magnate Christy Mihos is expected to appear in court to answer to charges that he assaulted his wife.

Mihos is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday in Barnstable District Court on assault and battery charges.

Andrea Mihos says her husband threatened her and pushed her during an argument at their Yarmouth home in July last year.

Mihos' attorney told the Cape Cod Times last month that his client denies assaulting his wife and will be exonerated. The attorney said the allegations were fabricated to give Mihos' wife leverage in divorce proceedings. The couple married in 1974.

Andrea Mihos has said her allegations aren't related to their divorce proceedings. She alleges he squandered $25 million on failed bids for governor and prostitutes.

This program aired on August 7, 2012. The audio for this program is not available.

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news