A Washington Post analysis of statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention finds a correlation between gun deaths, and race and geographic location. African Americans are much more likely to be victims of gun-related homicide, whereas whites are more likely to commit suicide.
Related NPR Stories:
- Washington Post Analysis: 'Gun Deaths Shaped By Race In America'
- Battling Suicide In A 'Gun State' Means Treading Carefully
- Parent Navigates Personal Grief In Broader Gun Debate
- State Laws Govern Gun Purchases Very Differently Across The Country
- On Gun Ownership And Policy, 'A Country Of Chasms'
Copyright NPR. View this article on npr.org.