BOSTON — The day after former Massachusetts House Speaker Salvatore DiMasi was convicted of federal charges of extortion, fraud and conspiracy, the current speaker acknowledged that the verdict is a big setback in efforts to clean up ethics problems on Beacon Hill.
Speaker Robert DeLeo has called the verdict a “powerful blow to the public’s trust in government.” WBUR’s All Things Considered host Sacha Pfeiffer spoke with DeLeo and asked him just how powerful a blow it is.
More Verdict Coverage:
- Ex-Speaker DiMasi Convicted On Fraud, Extortion Charges
- Lawmakers: DiMasi Verdict ‘A Powerful Blow to Public Trust’
- Many North End Residents Disappointed In DiMasi Verdict
- Former AG Harshbarger: Beacon Hill Has Culture Of Corruption
- How The Verdict Unfolded: DiMasi Found Guilty On Corruption Charges
- Graphic: DiMasi Trial Verdicts