Support the news
The Academy Awards are this coming Sunday, and the Best Original Song field features several strong contenders.
Here & Now's Jeremy Hobson takes a listen to the nominees with Jon Burlingame (@jonburlingame), who writes about film music for Variety and teaches film-music history at the University of Southern California.
Music From The Segment
"City of Stars," from "La La Land"
"Audition (The Fools Who Dream)," from “La La Land”
“The Empty Chair," from "Jim: The James Foley Story"
"How Far I’ll Go," from "Moana"
"Can’t Stop the Feeling," from "Trolls"
This segment aired on February 21, 2017.
- 'La La Land' Leads List Of Oscar Nominees
- 2017 Oscar Nominations: 'La La Land' Dominates, 'Moonlight' Shines
- 'Moonlight' Writer Tarell Alvin McCraney Still Struggles With Childhood Vulnerabilities
- Writer-Director Kenneth Lonergan Probes Love, Loss In 'Manchester By The Sea'
- 'Life, Animated' Documentary On Oscar Shortlist