Members of the public are welcome to attend the open meetings of the WBUR Community Advisory Board.
Please note: As of 7/1/2021, all meetings will be held at WBUR, 890 Commonwealth Avenue, from 8:30–10:30am unless otherwise noted. Contact Katie (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details on how to participate.
The 2021–2022 meeting schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, November 3, 2021
- Wednesday, March 2, 2022
- Wednesday, June 8, 2022
If you have any additional questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call (617) 353-1197.
The WBUR Community Advisory Board (CAB) is composed of Boston-area community and business leaders dedicated to supporting and advancing the mission of WBUR and its affiliated stations, while representing the different voices and faces of our community.
The CAB, as required by federal law, reviews the programming goals established by WBUR, the service provided by WBUR, the significant policy decisions rendered by WBUR, and assesses whether the programming and other policies of the station are meeting the specialized and cultural needs of the communities served by WBUR.
The CAB is an advisory board only, and is not authorized to exercise any control over WBUR and its daily management or operations. The CAB conveys its findings and recommendations to Boston University’s Board of Trustees.
Candidates for the CAB are recommended by the CEO of WBUR and the CAB chair. All candidates are approved by the Governance & Nominating Committee of the WBUR Board of Directors.
2021–2022 Members of the WBUR Community Advisory Board:
- Angela Liu, founder and Director of Hack.Diversity, a division of the New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA), Chair
- Constance Armstrong, Executive Director, The Boston Club
- Dr. Beverly A. Brown, Director of Development, Industry, Boston University School of Public Health
- Ania Camargo, Director, Case Associates
- Lizabeth Cohen, Harvard University Distinguished Service Professor; Howard Mumford Jones Professor of American Studies, Harvard History Department
- Mareshia Donald Ph.D., Associate Director, University Relations, Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- David Gasson, Principal, MG Housing Strategies LLC
- Danny Gaynor, Senior Vice President, Weber Shandwick
- Michael Goldstein, CEO, Empire Loan
- Nigel Jacob, Co-Chair, Mayor's Office of New Urban Mechanics
- Allison Kroner Barron, Director, Boston Builds Credit, United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
- Sheila Lawrence, partner at Ballentine Partners, LLC
- Mary Jo Meisner, President, MJM Advisory Services
- Diane Patrick, Senior Counsel, Ropes & Gray
- William J. Poorvu, Professor Emeritus in Entrepreneurship, Harvard Business School
- Claudia Richter M.D., Co-President and Medical Director, Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston
- Risa Sherman, Director, Youth Impact Lab, Lewis Institute for Social Innovation at Babson College
- Christine Spadafor, Management Consultant; Managing Director, Coltala Holdings
- Joan Wallace-Benjamin, Ph.D., Founder and President at Joan Wallace-Benjamin, Ph.D. Executive Coaching