WBUR internship opportunities are currently unavailable. Please keep an eye on this page for information on future programs.
The goal of WBUR is to provide its interns with a substantive, meaningful work experience so that each intern concludes the internship period with demonstrable skills in his/her area of interest, plus a knowledge of public radio, in general.
The following dates are approximate:
- Fall: September – December
- Spring: January – May
- Summer: June - August
Positions are open until filled.
Intern candidates must be a matriculated undergraduate or graduate student. Depending on the position, a degree or concentration in broadcast journalism is preferred but not required. (Please note that WBUR does not accept high school students as interns.)
Students interested in receiving course credit must present the written consent of an adviser prior to beginning the internship.
How to Apply
Read through the descriptions (see below) of WBUR’s various internship positions and the time commitment involved.
Visit wbur.org to familiarize yourself with WBUR’s online presence and overall efforts in the digital space.
Required: Please note whether you are applying to a Fall, Spring or Summer Internship in the subject of your email. Send the following as attachments to the appropriate department/program.
- a current resume
- a brief cover letter, describing the skills you believe you will contribute to the position in question and the experience you hope to gain.
Optional: Writing and audio samples may be sent as attachments or URLs.
WBUR Internship Postings
[Applications suspended; please see above]
After You Apply
If WBUR is interested in interviewing you for an internship, a staff member from the relevant program or department will contact you directly.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
- Due to the number of applicants, WBUR will notify only those individuals selected for internships. Please check this page, or each program’s individual website, for internship updates as appropriate.
- You may apply to no more than two different internships per semester.
- Applicants who are not initially selected for internships may apply the following semester.
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you.
- For a listing of paid employment opportunities at WBUR, please consult Boston University's website.
- For a listing of volunteer opportunities at WBUR, please go to WBUR's Volunteer Page.
- WBUR is committed to seeking qualified candidates for all job openings and to offer equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or national origin.