Stephen Pagliuca began his career as an accountant and rose to the high ranks of business as a venture capitalist. His colleagues say he knows how to keep a cool head and make good decisions.
- Co-owner of the Boston Celtics
- Managing director of Bain Capital, the firm started by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney
- Director at Burger King Holdings; Hospital Corporation of America, the for-profit hospital chain; and drug maker Warner Chilcott
- Pagliuca says he will take a leave of absence from Bain to run his campaign and resigning from all corporate boards.
- Never ran for public office
WBUR Feature Reports:
- Pagliuca: Business Experience Is Exactly What America Needs
- Stephen Pagliuca: A Study In Contrasts
- Pagliuca Tries To Capitalize On Apparent Health Care Rift
- Pagliuca Seeks To Change Health Care And Capitol Hill
- Pagliuca’s Business Record Complicates Senate Bid
- Newcomer Pagliuca Aims To Bring Fresh Perspective In Senate Run
This program aired on November 1, 2009. The audio for this program is not available.