Right now, there is a debate in the U.S. House of Representatives to eliminate all federal funding for public radio and television.
At WBUR, we believe that such a move would have a serious impact, felt by the millions of Americans who rely upon public stations for quality news, information and cultural programs that are not dependent on commercial interests for survival.
- What part does public broadcasting play in your daily life?
- Do you think public broadcasting has an important role in maintaining civic discourse and building community with diverse voices?
- Are you willing to make a stand and take action on behalf of public broadcasting?
If you share our concern, we invite you to make your opinion count.
Here’s how you can help:
- Visit 170 Million Americans and get involved.
- Call (202) 224-3121, the U.S. House of Representatives switchboard, and ask to speak to your representative. Or visit the U.S. House website and ask your representatives in Congress to maintain funding for public broadcasting.
- Learn how federal funds support public radio.
This program aired on February 17, 2011. The audio for this program is not available.