Horton Out As Bruins Get Ready To Defend Title
Still suffering from post-concussion symptoms, Boston Bruins forward Nathan Horton will miss the team's playoff run, the Bruins have told multiple sources.
Horton has been out of the lineup since late January, when he suffered his second concussion in seven months in a game against Philadelphia.
ESPNBoston reports that Horton had been skating on his own, attempting to return for the playoffs. GM Peter Chiarelli said he thought Horton had a chance to come back, but has had a couple of setbacks recently, according to WCVB-TV's Mike Dowling.
Horton's first concussion occurred in last year's Stanley Cup Finals in a much-talked-about hit. Vancouver's Aaron Rome, who leveled that hit, was subsequently suspended for the remainder of the series.
The Bruins, the second seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs, open their Stanley Cup title defense tomorrow evening against the Washington Capitals. The Bruins were 1-3 against the Caps in the regular season.
This program aired on April 11, 2012. The audio for this program is not available.