The U.S. Marshal's Service says Boston mobster James "Whitey" Bulger is out of the hospital and back in jail, where's he's awaiting trial for his alleged role in 19 slayings.
The Marshals Service did not release any additional information to The Boston Globe on Tuesday.
WBUR reported on Monday that the 83-year-old Bulger was taken to from the Plymouth County jail to Boston Medical Center on Sunday after complaining of chest pain. He has a history of heart trouble.
Bulger's trial is scheduled to begin in March, but his lawyers have said they cannot be ready by then because they are reviewing more than 300,000 documents. They have asked for an eight-month delay.
Bulger, a former FBI informant, fled Boston in 1994 and was one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives until he was captured last year in California.
This program aired on November 7, 2012. The audio for this program is not available.