Monday marks the 117th running of the Boston Marathon. The 26.2 mile course starts in Hopkinton, Mass. and ends in downtown Boston, with more than 27,000 runners participating. Here are a few resources to help you prepare for race day.
Boston Athletic Association
The BAA manages the Boston Marathon.
City of Boston
Several T stations will be closed on Marathon Monday, including Copley. Dozens of bus routes will either run on modified routes or not operate at all.
More Marathon Coverage
- Only A Game: Olive Wreaths Arrive For Boston Marathon
- Only A Game: In ‘Marathon Man’ Rodgers Remembers Life-Changing Race
- Marathon Winner Bill Rodgers: ‘We Have Something That No Other Sport Has’
- Here & Now: Women To Watch At The Boston Marathon
- Here & Now: Newtown Parents To Run Boston Marathon
- 30 Years Later, Last American Male To Win Boston Marathon To Run Again
- Cognoscenti: The 'Beauty' Of The Marathon — In Boston And Beyond
- Cognoscenti: Running From Marathon To Athens
This article was originally published on April 13, 2013.
This program aired on April 13, 2013. The audio for this program is not available.