Businesses and workers will no doubt be among those taking heart in the news that the MBTA now has a plan to restore most subway service in a two-stage process Friday and Monday.
The short-term plan comes just in time for most schools returning from break next week. But what's the long-term plan on Beacon Hill?
For more on that we're joined by Boston Globe politics and public policy reporter David Scharfenberg, who listeners will no doubt remember from his reporting at WBUR.
To hear the full interview, click on the audio player above.
This segment aired on February 19, 2015.
- MBTA Releases Service Restoration Timeline
- Gov. Baker Huddles With Commuter Rail Operators
- WBUR Poll: Bostonians Believe Fixing MBTA Should Be A ‘Major Priority’ For Gov. Baker
- What Can Be Done To Improve The MBTA Right Now? Transportation Experts Weigh In
- Baker Reluctant To Discuss Additional Transportation Financing
- Amid The T's Crisis, Gov. Baker Is Showing His Management Style. It's Not Pretty.